cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subrun_jamil
Contributor

How to recreate same objects from Old Firewall to New Firewall

Hi 

I am looking to see if I can copy network object details from existing firewall and way to paste at new firewall from CLI if it works  ?

Otherwise I have to manually create all network objects at new firewall as similar to old firewall which is time consuming. 

At the moment , New Firewalls are added to different smart console. Old and New FW's are managed from Different Smart Console.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I dont believe there was ever a way to copy anything like that in smart console, but, you can copy the config from show configuration file, just do bits and pieces and make sure interfaces names match,

Btw, what some people do is this, mind you, this usually works if you have exact same mode. Say on existing fw, from expert, run clish -c "show configuration" > /var/log/config.txt

Get the file, copy to new box (whichever dir, say same /var/log) and then in clish, run load configuration /var/logconfig.txt

Now, important note here...If you do this, unless you are 100% sure you want exact config copied, you can do below first:

quantum-firewall> set clienv on-failure continue
quantum-firewall> save config
quantum-firewall>

Cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You might be able to do it with a handful of commands from the SmartConsole CLI.
A better approach is using one of the following tools:

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)