Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_rock
Legend
Legend

HTTPS inspection block page issue

Hey everyone,

I hope someone can shed some light on this and provide some suggestions : ). So, here is the situation.

Customer has R81 mgmt and R80.40 jumbo 120 HA cluster. All works fine, but for some odd reason, with https inspection enabled, pages are blocked as per desired categories, BUT, user check block page seems to work super random. So say you go to gambling site, it gets blocked on chrome, but not on safari on mac...then on windows, its also very random, really depends site you go to if blocked page notification comes up or not.

We verified all the rules, logs show correct action and categories, so Im really not sure how to troubleshoot this. We do have TAC case, but wanted to do proper testing myself first.

Not sure if this info is worth much, but say if you try facebook.com, it simply shows connection was reset, yet log shows facebook is blocked according to right rule. 

If someone could give any suggestions/guidance on this, would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks as always.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

All of that sounds like some pages are NOT getting HTTPS Inspection applied as that is required for the block page to show up.
If HTTPS Inspection isn't enabled, or isn't happening for some reason, the only option to block a connection is a TCP RST.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I agree with you 100%, but the question is why...any good approach to this behavior?

Thanks as always.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If it were me, I'd probably be looking at debugging wstlsd.
TAC may have some other suggestions as well.
https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

the_rock
Legend
Legend

That sounds good...I may call into TAC tomorrow to see if they have any other suggestions. Tx!

A.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events