cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JorgenSpange
Contributor

SNMP on VSX - Location and Contact

Good day!

Been working on rolling out SNMP configuration for our checkpoint firewalls and everything is now good.
But I have one concern, which is how I can define snmp location and snmp contact for the VS's? 

Per now location is not defined and contact is defined like this:

contact_1 (where the number is the vs-id)

Anyone that know how I can define this properly?

Thanks!

br

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Believe this is configured via clish on the gateway, specifically in the context of the VS.
See: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81.10/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R81.10_Gaia_AdminGuide/Topics-GAG/S... 

0 Kudos
Duane_Toler
Advisor

@PhoneBoy is correct.  This is per-VS on each gateway.  Most likely, you will want your SNMP mode set to vs-direct-access.  This lets you poll a VS directly with its VS address, rather than have to go through VS0 and set an SNMP context.  Some SNMP managers may have issue with this.    However, be aware that SNMP traps always will originate from VS0 with with context for the VS.

#ShamelessPlug

I have published an Ansible method to send CLISH configurations to Gaia hosts, including VSX virtual systems, in the CheckMates ToolBox contest forum.  It uses a Jinja2 template to generate the configuration.  You can edit the startup script to remove the "clish_cmd" as a CLI argument, and instead define 'clish_cmd' as a YAML list with your SNMP configurations.  The VSID will be set automatically based on your inventory configuration.  The playbook will also handle your VSX gateway cluster, to deploy the configuration for the VS on all VSX gateway hosts (each node of the cluster).  Or, if you just have a single VSX gateway, that will work, too; this is defined in the inventory as well.

This could be helpful if you're looking to automate your rollout and intend to deploy across a large number of virtual systems.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events