Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n3ts3c_auto
Participant

Geo Location Log Entries

Have an installation where the Geo Location CSV file has not updated since the 29 Sept 2023. While troubleshooting, found that the geod daemon is not running. I am wondering what log file I would look at to see why this daemon did not start.

Already looked at the /var/log/messages files and did not find anything. Last reboot was less than 4 days ago.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What version/JHF?

0 Kudos
n3ts3c_auto
Participant

R81.10 HFA109

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Can you please copy the file location and its name? I can check latest R81.20 code with jumbo 26

Andy

0 Kudos
n3ts3c_auto
Participant

The request was for what log file the geod daemon logs its entries in R81.10. It is listed in sk92823.

n3ts3c_auto
Participant

Does anyone here have any information on how the Geo Location works? need to know both the Legacy and the new updatable objects.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Im not aware of any guides or documents for geo location, never seen it, but maybe someone else has. Below is all I can refer to.

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk126172

0 Kudos
n3ts3c_auto
Participant

Found this listing in CheckMates:

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/API-CLI-Discussion/One-liner-to-update-IpToCountry-data-on-Secur...

It mentions:

PRJ-36199

Logging

UPDATE: Mapping of IPs to country/flag is now automatically updated every day. These are visible in the Logs and Events views.

However it does not mention which log (Audit Logs or Logs) where it can be found.

0 Kudos
n3ts3c_auto
Participant

Thank you for the link and TAC has already sent this to me. However this still does not tell me where the geolocation update log entries are and that is the ask.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Sorry mate, Im not good as BS-ing people, so here is my answer...I HAVE NO CLUE lol

Anyway, if you find out, let us know the answer. I checked my R81.20 labs, but cant locate such logs anywhere, but will keep looking.

Kind regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I don't even find the in.geod binary in R81.20 in $FWDIR/bin (where I'd expect to find it). 
Which means it may not even be relevant any longer and a different mechanism is used.
Unfortunately, I do not know what that is and recommend continuing to pursue the issue with TAC. 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I actually checked 7 of my lab gateways, all on latest jumbo R81.20 and none of them had any geod.elg files, same with mgmt server.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events