cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valterj
Contributor

Gaia Version vs Hotfix

Hi All.

In a lab environment, I updated a SGW from 80.10 to 80.40 and install a JBH Take 118 (two separate installations). What is the "current" version of my Gaia? I´d like to understand what is "Take 294" and "Take 118". These versions are cumulative?

I found the JBH documentation (https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...), but it still not clear for me.

With best regards.

Valter Junior

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

For almost all discussion purposes, the JHF take is the most relevant one.

R80.40 Take 294 actually refers to the initial ISO installation of R80.40.
Generally you can assume that JHFs are NOT included as part of an ISO.
That said, there have been times in the past where we've had to fix an installation-time bug for specific hardware and that's corresponded to a particular JHF level.
In general, you can assume that for a given release, nothing in the JHF has been incorporated into the ISO release.

(1)
valterj
Contributor

Thank you. It's clear for me now. 

Regards. 

0 Kudos
shlomip
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

@valterj ,

For Major, Minor or JHF's (Same for that matter), the entity we release is called "Take"

So, when we released R80.40 for general Availability it was "Take 294" for example, 

When we just announced R81 as default it was with "Take 392"  ( and recent R81.10 take 335)

Each version like that, has a corresponding JHF.

For example, R80.40 has a matching JHF, R81 as well, and R81.10 will have one released soon.

the corresponding JHF's are released after we release a version as General Availability 

As said, the entity of the JHF is also called a take ( in your case "Take 118")

You also have a bundle that installs both Main Version and it's corresponding JHF all together. This is called "Gaia fast deployment" (AKA blink) and can be found on each version JHF SK (like the one you mentioned)

Are those version accumulative: Yes

So your  current version of Gaia is R80.40 take 294 ( to see this run "show version all" in clish, or "clish -c ver" in expert mode) - that version of Gaia will not change as long as you are on R80.40

and the Corresponding JHF is take 118 - (to see that run "cpinfo -y all" in export mode) - that version will change if you will install a later JHF take,

See more information in Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator FAQ SK

Hope that helps.

Shlomi

(1)
valterj
Contributor

Thank you! It helps a lot! 

Regards

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I think both Dameon and Shlomi gave you perfect responses. Put it this way...as Shlomi said, really, whatever you see from cpinfo -y all command is what is currently installed. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events