Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex-
Leader Leader
Leader

Enabling MDPS on an exising ClusterXL

ClusterXL R81.20T10.

I've read  the SK about Management Data Plane Separation and would like to get a clarification  about enabling it on an existing cluster of high-end appliances.

The topology is currently simple, Mgmt is defined as Management interface with a dedicated subnet and there's just a static route through it for the SMS/Log subnet. The other interfaces serve the production traffic and only use dynamic routing.

I was then thinking of enabling MDPS through the HTML5 LOM and reconfigure the management plane as per the SK and I wonder if after reboot required to enable MDPS, does the cluster remains ACTIVE/STANDBY since the CPU allocation changes to accommodate MDPS, until the two cluster members have been set to use MDPS and also with the Sync set to MDPS as well.

In short, is there a moment in the configuration process where the cluster isn't synchronized anymore and could cause traffic disruption when failing over to configure the other member.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It is generally recommended you run this during a maintenance window because the management interface is unavailable for a short time during this process.
See: https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk138672 
Otherwise, I don't see any specific limitations related to sync.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events