Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chinmaya_Naik
Advisor

Configure Jumbo Frames on Check Point Appliance (MTU 9000)

Hi Checkmates,

We are going to configured the jumbo frames in Check Point 5000s appliance which running on R80.30 OS.

Just have a one query :

We have VLAN configured interface so can we only increase the MTU on Physical interface or on each VLAN or both physical and VLAN.

Regards

@Chinmaya_Naik 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Normally when you change the MTU on an interface the VLAN interfaces should follow suite, however you can set the individual MTU per VLAN, so you should check whether the change from the interface boils down to the the VLAN interfaces as well. Any newly created VLAN will take the value from the interface.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Chinmaya_Naik
Advisor

@Maarten_Sjouw

Thanks for the update.

But  just a few queries I have to ALL

We configured jumbo frames in CP GW with specific VLAN.

Hear we have One BOND interface having multiple VLAN configured so first I try to configure jumbo frames in two physical interface but I am unable to configure because that both interface are part of BOND so later I am enable Jumbo frames on BOND.After that when I checked in each physical interface then its showing that mtu set to 9216.

But again when I checked and found that MTU is not apply on each VLAN which part of the BOND interface.

So again I changed the MTU on specific VLAN and now we successfully configured the jumbo frames on specific VLAN which basically our requirements.

But now as I mentioned earlier that we only change in some of VLAN so then what about the remaining VLAN which part of that particular BOND ?

is there any impact because that remaining VLAN are now still showing MTU 1500 but physical interface having 9216 ?

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Each VLAN can have a different MTU, the thing is when you set a interface, bond or physical, to support Jumbo frames by setting the MTU to 9216, you can still have VLANs with a lower MTU value. The only thing is that the physical interface defines the max vaslue for the MTU, meaning you cannot set a VLAN to 9216 with the Bond set to 1500.

Every newly created VLAN with inherit the value from the interface it is created upon. 

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events