cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sajid_Abbas
Contributor

Cluster Gateway on R80.40 keeps rebooting

Hi,

We have a gateway cluster on R80.40 take 125 and randomly both gateways would go into reboot cycle and sometimes even for longer duration due to file system checks. 

Thankfully both gateway members do not go down together and happens one after the other, although there have been moments of complete outage. Its usually the active member that goes down.

We had this issue with R80.40 take 118 and now also on take 125. Has anybody experienced something similar to this. TAC has not been conclusive on this and there are various crash scenarios and risks in R80.40 JHF list. 

Gateway model is 15600. 

Any insight would be helpful.

Sajid

0 Kudos
6 Replies
HristoGrigorov

As a start examine /var/log/dump/usermode/ and see if there are any recent dumps there. It appears like something is crashing on boot. I would, in a maintenance window try to do clean install on one of the cluster members and see if that fixes the problem.

0 Kudos
Sajid_Abbas
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

We have done clean installs in the past. The message before going into reboot shows Firmware BUG: BIOS has corrupted.

We have forwarded logs, cpinfo etc to TAC. Waiting for further analysis.

Sajid

0 Kudos
HristoGrigorov

Well, looks like a candidate for RMA to me. But I think it takes time until TAC obtains approval for it.

0 Kudos
Sajid_Abbas
Contributor

Looks like that the path we're moving at.

0 Kudos
Naama_Specktor
Employee
Employee

Hi Sajid_Abbas 🙂

PREVIEW

0 Kudos
Sajid_Abbas
Contributor

Thanks for your message The SR# is 6-0003049882

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events