Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajeshpk1900
Explorer
Jump to solution

Checkpoint mgmt server random high cpu

Hi All,

I have Checkpoint mgmt. server R80.30 take 214 which manages multiple firewals.

I can see that whenever I policy verification for some firewalls, the management server cpu utilization is going high.

Could someone let me know is this a normal behavior and if so, is there any document for the same.

Please be noted that I am not installing any policies during the time, but only verification is being done.

cpstat -f multi_cpu os > show 16 CPUs.

Mgmt#cpstat -f cpu os

CPU User Time (%):   67

CPU System Time (%): 5

CPU Idle Time (%):   27

CPU Usage (%):       73

CPU Queue Length:    -

CPU Interrupts/Sec:  2000

CPUs Number:         16

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Policy verification is performed by the multi-threaded java process cpm in R80+, so this is expected behavior; java will attempt to use as many available resources as possible to finish its operation expediently.  Would you prefer that it use less CPU and the verification takes much longer?  😀

Most elements of policy compilation are still performed by the single-threaded fwm process, which can only use one CPU at a time so overall CPU usage will look lower during this phase of gateway policy installation.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Policy verification is performed by the multi-threaded java process cpm in R80+, so this is expected behavior; java will attempt to use as many available resources as possible to finish its operation expediently.  Would you prefer that it use less CPU and the verification takes much longer?  😀

Most elements of policy compilation are still performed by the single-threaded fwm process, which can only use one CPU at a time so overall CPU usage will look lower during this phase of gateway policy installation.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
rajeshpk1900
Explorer

Thanks for the update...It was of great help

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events