cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phillip-83
Participant

Checkpoint can not block Offensive Language content

Hello everyone,

Currently, I'm introducing the Checkpoint FW product to a school.
Every feature is relevant until they want to check out Filtering feature:
- They are using the following website for testing: http://testfiltering.com/
- I have implemented relevant categories, http/https inspection,..., however when performing "run test", the test results still do not prevent access to Offensive Language.
- I will leave the video with the configuration and perform the test below (video in file .pptx): 

fff.png

ggg.png

Now competitor Fortinet is also pitching to that school, and they passed the test, pictured below:

fortinet-testfiltering.jpg

If our solution can pass this test, that school will be very likely to buy the solution, because they are more favorable towards Checkpoint than Fortinet.
So please help me, is there any way to configure and pass the test?

Thank you very much, everyone.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

What do you configure in the policy to prevent those categories?

0 Kudos
Phillip-83
Participant

Hi _Val_,
You can check configure on the .pptx file attachment.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

And what made you think I did not check it before asking a question? 

You put there a video of the test. It is virtually impossible to see in the video how you configured your URLF policy. 

0 Kudos
Lesley
Advisor

Hi!

What blades you have enabled to achieve this goal? I assume you want to use URL filtering and application control?

At this moment I am not able to find a URL filtering category related to bad language. Is does also not make sense I think. For example if there is a bad word in a youtube video comment this video then needs to be blocked? Maybe this has education purposes. So I would reconsider to advise against blocking this category. 

Also I found the DLP (data leak prevention) blade has an option for blocking bad language. Below screenshots as reference.

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Logically, to me anyway, if you can find category that matches offensive language, you can add it to be blocked. I cant recall now what closest one to it would be, but its easy to tell once you hit plus sign to add them. Otherwise, I would confirm with TAC.

Andy

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

There are plenty, see below

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just logging in now to S1C for one customer, let me see.

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

@_Val_ I dont see inappropriate sites by default, I assume you added it yourself? Other ones are there...

Andy

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Anyhow, make sure you add these categories to the block rule, and see if it makes any difference.

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 15.42.51.png

On top, I hope your HTTPS Inspection is on.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events