cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gema_adhan
Participant

Checked Default route in PBR table

Dear friends

we plan to convert PBR from cisco nexus to checkpoint gaia. From sk100500, first we should defined a table, there we have an option to check or uncheck "defaut route". could someone explain ? when we should check or uncheck the option? 

Thank You

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Pretty sure it means "will this table involve the default route or not."

Seperately, how does this question have to do with Maestro exactly?

0 Kudos
gema_adhan
Participant

Hi mr phone boy, thank you for replying my question.

"will this table involve the default route or not." 

what does it mean that before looking at pbr the traffic will be matched against the defaut route?

because
as I understand it, pbr will be preferred over static routes (including the default route).

for example, we have a quad zero static route. where destination 10.64.17.229 is included. and will be forwarded through interface A.

then we add pbr. with source 10.4.4.8 and destination 10.64.17.229 via interface B.

does that mean the default route is preferred?

Seperately, how does this question have to do with Maestro exactly?

I would apply it to a maestro, but I know it can be applied anywhere. (common checkpoint deployment)

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If you tick the default route box in the PBR table, it means the specific table applies for the default route (i.e. for a route of 0.0.0.0/0) versus something more specific.

The reason I asked about Maestro is you posted this question in the Maesto space versus the likely more appropriate Enterprise Appliances and Gaia OS space.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events