cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leonid1890
Contributor

Check Point SMB 1570 Upgrade to R81.10

Hello,

I have Check Point SMB 1570 with OS R80.20.50 which are centrally managed.

I tried to upgrade to R81.10, all logs said that upgrade was sucessful but in real

It still was with R80.20.50.

After few check, only after I convert the gateway from centrally managed to local managed

I sucessfuly upgraded it.

Note: from R81.10.x to R81.10.y there is no issue with the upgrade when it centrally managed.

Is there any known issue or something you know regarding it?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Not aware of a version constraint though it's possible given R80.20.x is approaching EOL.

Was the gateway under SmartProvisioning / LSM?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
leonid1890
Contributor

I didn't upgrade / try to upgrade via SmartProvisioning / LSM,

On SmartProvisioning menu it appeared there but not enabled.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

If you manage your appliance directly in SmartConsole (and not in SmartProvisioning), then you can install a firmware package in SmartConsole.

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/SMB_R81.10.X/AdminGuides_Centrally_Managed/EN/Content/Topics/Up...

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
leonid1890
Contributor

Yes I knew it but my Management server is R81.10 and not R81.20 so it is not working.

I tried to upgrade heck Point SMB 1570 via smart update, it upgraded it but still the gateway remain with R80.20.50.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

What process / method did you use to attempt the upgrade?

In R81.10 management this is not supported (centrally) per the Limitations:

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81.10/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R81.10_SecurityManagement_AdminGuid...

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
leonid1890
Contributor

I tried to upgrade manually and it didn't upgraded.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Recommend sharing the builds of all involved images and the JHF of the Management with TAC so they can validate.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
keebdweeb
Explorer

I am encountering a similar issue. Attempting to upgrade from R80.20.50 to 81.10 on a 1570R HA Cluster. The cluster is managed by SmartProvisioning on R81.10

Steps I took -

1. upgrade to 81.10 using the Quantum Spark 1570R Appliance Upgrade Wizard on gateway A

2. upgrade to 81.10 using the Quantum Spark 1570R Appliance Upgrade Wizard on gateway B

3. pushed policy from SmartProvisioning -- process failed

4. updated the Version of the device A and B in the SmartProvisioning Edit Gateway... screen from 80.20 to 81.10

5. after clicking OK the changes would not save

6. eventually the failsafe logic in the upgrade steps reverted each device back to 80.20 bc I was never able to push policy to either device in the cluster.

My plan now is to delete the cluster object and then upgrade the devices, then add a new cluster with the 81.10 profile.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

The only other process I'm aware of is per sk179325 if issues persist please consult with TAC.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
keebdweeb
Explorer

My steps to remove the cluster and then add it as if it were a new cluster did work. Thank you for the link to the SK. Since the cluster is managed by SmartProvisioning that SK does not apply.

After changing the Version in the device properties for both cluster members, then SmartProvisioning does not save the changes. There is no Version attribute for the cluster object, only for the two cluster members. It seems to me that something in the logic of storing the cluster object prevents any version changes to be made to the members in SmartProvisioning.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events