Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmorocz
Contributor
Jump to solution

CPU Usage inconsistency

Hello All,

Since the R81.20 upgrade, my gateways' CPU usage shows really different numbers in CPView, TOP and SmartConsole.
It seems inconsistent, SmartConsole shows around 4%, TOP shows 2,5% and CPView shows 45%.

I'm aware of that the TOP shows the cumulative value of CPVIEWs "User" and "System" column of a CPU.That’s why I was looking at the Idle % instead (and based the numbers on it above.)
I set the refresh rate of CPView to 1s.

R81.20 Take 631

Which one to trust? I know there were slight differences because of polling intervals/methods/magic, but that number seems to be way off.
Thanks for your help!
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lmorocz
Contributor

Hello All!

The TAC confirmed that it got fixed in JHF43 (I think they refer to it as "PRJ-46482, PRHF-28857" - but might be wrong on that).
But I've tested in a virtual lab and it indeed working fine now.

Hope it helps others as well.
Levente

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Elad_Chomsky
Employee
Employee

Hi @lmorocz , this seems like an issue on CPView, please open a ticket to Check Point through the official channels, so we can investigate and assist you on this issue.

Please also review the jumbo release notes, https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/Jumbo_HFA/R81.20/R81.20/Take_26.htm?tocpath=_____4, it might be a known issue that was fixed already.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

As @Elad_Chomsky said, TAC could confirm all this, but I had seen this behavior ever since base R80, so to me, I just assume its normal.

In all honesty, everyone who ever used CP at all, knows that SV monitor is not overly reliable, so gui values can fluctuate and not be super accurate, thus I rely way more on top and ps -auxw outputs, as well as cpview.

Andy

0 Kudos
Marcel_Gramalla
Advisor

I can confirm the issue after updating to R81.20 (JHF 26) on two Clusters and also on the SMS and dedicated LogServer etc.. The GUI (SmartConsole) shows completely weird and wrong values. CPview and SNMP values are correct. My Cluster members most of the time show 0-5% usage instead of like 40-60% overall. OpenServer in my case and all existing cores are also licensed and used. It even shows 100% sometimes randomly on the systems.

Definitely a bug.

0 Kudos
lmorocz
Contributor

Yes, I've seen it at multiple places too and I've opened a TAC case for it too.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I have jumbo 38 R81.20 in all my labs and I just verified 7 out of 10 devices and they all match EXACTLY, when you compare cpview and smart console.

Maybe its just my luck, but I find it would be too coincidental...

Andy

0 Kudos
ERTK
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

we just upgrade a cluster to R81.20 version with j41 and we got the same behaviour. SmartConsole shows cpu usage of 0% meanwhile cpview shows an average of 22%. Anyone got to solve it?

thanks in advanced

0 Kudos
lmorocz
Contributor

Hello,

The TAC confirmed that it got fixed in JHF43 (I think they refer to it as "PRJ-46482, PRHF-28857" - but might be wrong on that).

Levente

0 Kudos
lmorocz
Contributor

Hello All!

Levente

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events