Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgala
Explorer

CPAC-2-40F-C and splitting QSFP+ to 4 SFP+

Hi

Check Point Quantum Security Gateway Appliance 6900
has 2 Network I/O Module slots and the comparison chart says two CPAC-2-40F-C modules,
with 2 QSFP+ each, can be installed in the appliance.

We need appliance with at least 10 SFP+ ports.

Is there a way to split QSFP+ to 4x SFP+?
Does NOS support splitting?
Is there a QSFP+ to 4x SFP+ DAC cable?

Or what solution we can use?
Besides choosing 16200 as it has 4 Network I/O Module slots?

--
RG

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Yes, we sell CPAC-TR-40SR-QSFP-BiDi for that purpose.

0 Kudos
rgala
Explorer

P/N CPAC-TR-40SR-QSFP-BiDi sounds like "standard" QSFP+ 40GBase-SR BiDirectional transceiver with Duplex LC connector.

I need to know whether CPAC-2-40F-C module is capable of splitting one 40 Gbps interface to four 10 Gbps interfaces  and whether a cable like
CPAC-TR-40SPLIT-QSFP-SR
CPAC-TR-40SPLIT-QSFP-3M
CPAC-TR-40SPLIT-QSFP-6M
is available and can be bought and compatible with this module.

It seems the break-out cable can be used for CPAP-SSM160 module only.

--
RG

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I checked and you are correct, CPAC-TR-40SR-QSFP-BiDi cannot be used to split the 40GB port into 4x10GB.
The SKUs you mention are not compatible with the 6900 and I am unaware of an alternative other than a different appliance.

0 Kudos
Marcos_Vieira
Contributor

Hi,

According to the check-point-appliance-comparison-chart the 6900 can hold a maximum of 8 10GbE interfaces. It does so using two 4x10Giga port modules. The splitter is not supported.

There is the sksk92755, "Compatibility of transceivers for Check Point appliances", that lists all the supported modules and transceivers for each of the available appliances.

ps: the splitter is not there, even being supported by Maestro, but I have asked for help to fix it.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

For Maestro CPAC-TR-40SPLIT-QSFP-3M or CPAC-TR-40SPLIT-QSFP-6M are cables that can be used with CPAC-TR-40SR-QSFP-300m (transceiver).

Refer also: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Maestro/Breakout-cables-to-connect-MHO-175-26000-and-Cisco-9500-...

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events