Considering it's supposed to be a hardware bypass, I'm guessing the "bypass status" is erroneous in this case.
According to the Bypass Card FAQ: Bypass (Fail-Open) network interface card FAQ
If bypass is initiated, the flipping is immediate as this is hardware bypass. Yet, the thresholds for each of the following states should be considered:
- There is a power loss - Immediate
- The appliance is rebooting - Immediate
- Unable to allocate memory in kernel - Immediate
- High CPU and packet drops - Threshold is set to 5,000 drops and 85% CPU usage within 20 seconds.
- DLP process is crash - 20 crashes within 300 seconds
- FWD process is not responding - Threshold is set to 75 seconds
And further, the unit will not stay in bypass mode unless one of the above conditions is satisfied.