Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Niall_Brady
Participant
Jump to solution

Backup job appears to have hung

hi all

I am currently preparing for an upgrade of a cluster of 4800 gateways for R75.47 to R80.10 and would like to take a backup of each gateway, but system will let me and are advising current back job is running which looking at the logs appears to be running from 2017!

can anyone advise how i can cancel these current jobs so i take fresh backups and also implement a proper schedule?

many thanks

Niall

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Just try ps aux | grep -i back

if you see any of below running, kill them

kill -9 <pid number>

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Quick option - reboot standby, verify that scheduled backup now is not running, create new. Then fail over and do the same on the other box. That's if you don't want to investigate too much.

Else, look at ps aux output and search for running scheduled backup processes and kill them manually. Is it GAIA or SPLAT?

0 Kudos
Niall_Brady
Participant

hi Kaspars, its GAIA

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Just try ps aux | grep -i back

if you see any of below running, kill them

kill -9 <pid number>

0 Kudos
Niall_Brady
Participant

not the same as your output but is related to backups (have removed IPs and credentials which were being displayed in plain text)

admin 5223 0.0 0.0 2420 1064 ? S 2017 0:00 sh -c cd /var/log/CPbackup/backups ; rm -f /tmp/ftp_bkp ; (echo open xx.xx.xx.xx ; echo user 'user' password; echo bin; echo cd / ;echo put backup_HOSTNAME.com_29_Jul_2017_23_00.tgz;) | ftp -n > /tmp/ftp_tmp 2>>/tmp/ftp_tmp; cat /tmp/ftp_tmp | wc | awk '{ if ( $3 != 0 ) { exit 1} else { exit

i killed it and have been able to run backup function without issue; many thanks for your help!Smiley Happy

Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

My pleasure! Smiley Happy good luck with the upgrade

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events