Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Mobile User License Tool - Replaces "dtps lic"

HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

emlt123.JPG

Introduction
In the past days I have been working on a CLI script that can display all Secure Client, SSL VPN  and Mobile Access Portal license information centrally. This script creates a new command on the management server to read the licenses. It displays all Secure Client, SSL VPN and Mobile Access Portal licenses in total (sum). Furthermore if a connection to the gateway can be established, it can read out the currently used user
...;
TO ACCESS CHECKMATES TOOLBOX it's simple and free

Disclaimer: Check Point does not provide maintenance services or technical or customer support for third party content provided on this Site, including in CheckMates Toolbox. See also our Third Party Software Disclaimer.

40 Replies

Hug_for_my_Bug
Explorer

Hello,

How does one update or delete this script. Is just replacing/deleting the file is enough?

Regards,
Jev

;

0 Kudos

Priess
Explorer

I have the same problem, the auto install has worked, but the command does not work.

I copied the script also, but same result.

[Expert@em01r002:0]# curl_cli -k http://www.ankenbrand24.de/inst_sclic > /tmp/inst_sclic && chmod 770 /tmp/inst_sclic && /tmp/inst_sclic
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 5046 100 5046 0 0 5820 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 10173

;

0 Kudos

AndrewSidwell
Explorer

Hi Heiko -

Endpoint Security licences usually include two 'Features':

• CPSB-VPN - displays as Version: 'NGX / R70' in SmartUpdate; Feature Names of the form CPVP-VSC...
  • CPSB-FW - displays as Version: 'SoftwareBlades' in SmartUpdate; Feature Names of the form CPEP-C1... 

Your script only appears to count seats in the old-style 'NGX /R70' licences. However 'dtps lic' counts seats in the new 'SoftwareBlades' licences. The two are usually the same because most licences include

...;

0 Kudos

dankline
Employee
Employee

Heiko,

Thank you for this tool.  I was trying to understand how exactly to install and execute this tool on my CP management server.

Regards,

DK

;

0 Kudos

HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

More "Easy Tools"

- Easy Backup Tool - (migrate export + all GAIA configs)                   -> Easy backup of all gateway GAIA configs + migrate export with one CLI command.
- Easy execute CLI commands on all gateways simultaneously        ->  Now you can use the new command to execute bash or clish commands on all gateway simultaneously.
- Easy execute CLI commands from management on gateways        -> Easy execute CLI commands from management on g

...;

0 Kudos

mk2
Explorer

Hello Heiko,

thanks for this nice tool! Valeri from Check Point found out that it is currently not counting "CPEP endpoint licenses", which are found in cplic  as CPEP-C-1+  entries. Could you please implement counting those too?

Thank you very much!
Marco

;

_Daniel_
Contributor

Thank you Heiko, as always a great script.

A note worth mentioning, in case any is getting the error "jq: error: Cannot iterate over null" then most probably it's related for APACHE Port not being the default (443). Just check it using the command api status and then edit the script inserting --port <portid>

In our case we're using port 4434 for APACHE Gaia Port,  so the script is modified as folowing: mgmt_cli --port 4434-r true show gateways-and-servers 

;

0 Kudos

leijin
Explorer

Thank you very much for sharing the command.

I had a question about Capasule connect/Capasule VPN.  Tested some users from capasule connect client from our Android and IOS devices, the connection peak is 8. How many capasule VPN users does below devices support? It should not be Mobile Access users. 

Try run that command and the information below:

REMOTE ACCESS VPN STATS - Current
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Assigned OfficeMode IPs : 1 (P

...;

0 Kudos

leijin
Explorer

Thank you very much.

I had a question about Capsule Connect/Capsule VPN.  How many Capsule VPN users support on below users?

we tested peak is 8, it should not be Mobile Access Users.

REMOTE ACCESS VPN STATS - Current
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Assigned OfficeMode IPs : 1 (Peak: 10)
Capsule/Endpoint VPN Users : 1 (Peak: 8 using Visitor Mode: 0
Capsule Workspace Users : 0 (Peak: 0)
MAB Portal Users : 0 (Peak: 0)
L2TP Users : 0 (Peak: 1)
SNX Users

...;

0 Kudos

Suhofruct
Explorer

Hi! 
Have next question.

I'am using now license CPEP-ACCESS-P per each user, for mobile users remote access VPN. 
But this type of license attached to MAC of users device. If I need change device MAC of mobile user, how I can do it?

;

0 Kudos

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If the device is not seen by the gateway for 30 days, the "license" will be released.
We don't provide a documented way to remove this license beforehand, but it's possible TAC has a procedure to clean this database.

;

0 Kudos