Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nosmo
Explorer
Jump to solution

lost password help

Hi,

I'm working with a client that doesn't have the password to their SMB FW (730 model). They do have physical access to the FW. Even though their spare 730 FW (with default credentials) runs Gaia v77.20.16 it unfortunately does *not* have the emergendisk utility installed/available.

I understood (from other SK articles that the emergendisk utility was available until R80? Is there a place where I could download a copy of the emergendisk utility? Barring that, does anyone know of a USB bootable ARM live linux distribution that may work on these boxes? I'm hopeful with that I could boot the device and clear the existing password. I'd really like to keep the configuration intact.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If you've lost the admin password, unfortunately, the only option is to perform a factory reset.
Emergendisk does not work on and does not apply to SMB appliances.
I don't believe you can USB boot any OS image from USB as you can only use the USB port to:

• Factory reset to a specific firmware image
  • Store device logs

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If you've lost the admin password, unfortunately, the only option is to perform a factory reset.
Emergendisk does not work on and does not apply to SMB appliances.
I don't believe you can USB boot any OS image from USB as you can only use the USB port to:

• Factory reset to a specific firmware image
  • Store device logs
0 Kudos
nosmo
Explorer

thanks for the response.. The sk92663 article is a bit misleading in this regard. It implies the Emergendisk USB method works on all appliances.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

No, it is not misleading. It says Gaia OS, which is not what's running on SMB (Gaia Embedded). 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events