Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nflnetwork29
Advisor

central managemnt mode

Hello i switched CP 1430 from Local mgmt mode to central mgmt mode and i can no longer access the device using the remote VPN . I can still ping the WAN ip so i know its online. 

What are my options i need to get into the box and set the SIC password or revert to local mode somewhow. 

i am not physically with the box. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Ask somebody on the LAN to connect to the WebUI and work with them through the steps to allow the Internet interface to be accessed for management. Administrator Access is the actual name of the page within the Device tab.
Here tick the box Internet and add the network you are coming from in the allow IP's list.
Regards, Maarten
nflnetwork29
Advisor

ya that's what i figured was going to be the quickest.

once i add the remote gateway box to the central mgmt server does it maintain its existing internet/access policies for the time being ?

AKA i wont prevent users from accessing the internet.
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

In the global preferences you can allow this access once it is in central management. However when you disable it there you need to explicitly allow access to the gateway itself.

The initial policy that will be loaded when you turn on central management will still allow outbound traffic.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events