cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patrick2
Explorer

Restoring config from 1500 into 1900/2000 appliance

HI,

Is it possible if I take a backup file from 1500 and restore it to 1900/2000?

Could you please provide relevant SKs that I can refer to? 

Both are of the same firmware version.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Quoting from the admin guide: 

If you want to replace an existing appliance with another one, you can restore the settings of your previous appliance and re-activate your license (on the License Page > Activate License page).

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/SMB_R81.10.X/AdminGuides_Locally_Managed/EN/Content/Topics/Back...

0 Kudos
Tom_Hinoue
Advisor
Advisor

I believe this path is not supported.
1500s can only restore to 1500/1500Pro which uses the "vx" firmware image, where as 1600 and above uses the "vt" firmware image, which is a bit different even inside Quantum Spark. 

The procedure itself may work (no validation during restore), but is not officially supported.

(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I would verify with TAC, but not sure it may work, as even with say regular Gaia OS, if you went from say 4000 to 6000 series, well, hardware is totally different and interfaces layout and "nymbering" if you will, wont be the same, so restore would fail, for sure.

I always tell people to get show configuration from clish and then once you examine it, it will make more sense which parts can be copied over to new appliance.

But again, if I were you, would get an official TAC answer.

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I know you can backup some of the older SMB appliances and restore them onto newer versions (e.g. a 700 to 1500).
Not sure this is supported between 1500 and 1800 but will ask.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events