cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Fleming
Advisor
Jump to solution

Radius 2.0

Are the SMB devices ever going to get radius 2.0 support? I spent a good deal of time trying to figure out why I was getting auth denied only to find the root cause was 16 character limit (I'm using google 2FA so really its 10 + 6 for pass code) as SMB only supports v1.0 radius.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
John_Fleming
Advisor

Thanks for the new image Chris, I just logged in with a 20 character password and radius worked fine!

I'm not sure if I should be sharing the build info, but if its ok I'll let Chris share details.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Hi John I've asked internally if this is planned for the upcoming R81.x alignment.

Currently it requires RFEs per sk13740.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
John_Fleming
Advisor

Cool deal. I'm sure adding in this feature could positively effect 10s of people, which should be enough to justify the programing, QA and support costs associated with possibly breaking something in the process.

Thanks for asking!

Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Hi John,

Which version/build are you currently testing with?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
John_Fleming
Advisor

R80.20.35 (992002613) on 1500

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Thanks will be in touch.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
John_Fleming
Advisor

Thanks for the new image Chris, I just logged in with a 20 character password and radius worked fine!

I'm not sure if I should be sharing the build info, but if its ok I'll let Chris share details.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Definitely not supported as of yet...when it will be, no clue. Maybe you can double check with your local SE.

0 Kudos
Ruan_Kotze
Advisor

The R81 release cannot come quick enough.  Apart from RADIUS 2.0 the lack of NTLM v2 (rendering AD query unusable) as well as Identity Collector support has been a big challenge for us in certain deployments.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Identity Collector support is expected with R81.x with a view of the Microsoft hardening their are few alternatives.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events