cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
choockd
Explorer

Meraki Stack Switch connect to Checkpoint SG3100

Hi guys

In my environment I am using Cisco Stacked Switch as my core switch and connect to my Checkpoint SG3100 as interface facing device. 

Recently my Cisco switch is EOL, so i decide to change the existing Cisco Switch to Meraki Switch
I used 2 x MS250-24P  and stack them together.
In my Checkpoint, i use 

eth1 as WAN
eth2 as LAN
eth3 s trunk
 vlan 30 as WIFI DMZ 1
 vlan 40 as WIFI DMZ 2

3 interfaces are all connected to the stacked switch member 1
The issue is even the Meraki switches are stacked, and the L2 work fine if i connect end point to both switches
BUT
my 2nd member of the stack are unable to get management IP address, it looks like it is looking for a "uplink" port connected from checkpoint in order to obtain the DHCP and use that for internet breakout to contact Meraki CLoud.

so
Member Switch 1 no issue, it can get Mgmt IP from VLAN 40 and Meraki dashboard has no issue seeing it and display all info
Member Switch 2 in the Meraki Dash see as OFFLINE, but the rest of the interfaces connected to end point work just fine like a normal stack switch should perform, the only thing is it cannot obtain DHCP, and it cannot pass info to Meraki Cloud. 

I am thinking to Add a Bridge in Checkpoint to combine the eth3 and eth4 as a bridge, and
eth 3 currently plug into the member switch 1,
so eth4 i plan to plug into member switch 2

What do you think this will work?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not exactly sure how that will interact with a trunk configured on eth3.
Hopefully someone with some direct experience can provide a solution. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events