cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khineminn
Participant
Jump to solution

Configuration Not Synced on Checkpoint Quantum Spark 1800 HA Setup

I am new to Checkpoint Quantum Spark, and I am experiencing an issue where configurations are not syncing after a failover. I have set up High Availability (HA) with local management and attempted a failover, but the configuration on the primary device is not syncing to the secondary one. Is this normal, or do I need to configure the policy on both devices? Is this setup similar to VRRP?

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
sigal
Employee
Employee

Hi,
Configuration should synchronize in Spark cluster setup.
Your issue may be related to SIC failure between the members.
In order to verify SIC is valid you can test file copying between the members over SIC channel. This is an example of a command you can initiate from the primary member, assuming you are using default Sync settings:

cprid_util getfile -local_file /logs/test_pt -remote_file /pfrm2.0/bin/pt -server 10.231.149.2

If /logs/test_pt is successfully created then SIC and communication between the members is functioning well. If not then please issue support ticket and include return value of this command.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Could you also confirm the firmware version/build used, is it R81.10.10 or something else?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

(1)
khineminn
Participant

Currently it is R81.10.08. I will upgrade to R81.10.10 and will try it.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

My understanding is configuration is supposed to sync.
Make sure you've configured the cluster per: https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk121096
There are debug instructions below that might provide some useful information...possibly may need to involve TAC.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I saw that same sk Phoneboy gave you. Debug commands should be same, but you can also try run below ones to make sure all matches.

Andy

cphaprob roles

cphaprob state

cphaprob -a if

cphaprob -i list

cphaprob -l list

cphaprob syncstat

khineminn
Participant

@the_rock , I have checked all command which you provided. But, unfortunately config is still not SYNC although all command outputs are same. As i noticed, config are SYNC in only a few minute after HA setup, then not SYNC anymore. Is there any special procedure to SYNC the configuration? 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Not that I can think of. Just make sure everything matches on both devices and that you followed sk Phoneboy gave, which also does contain debug process. Not sure if cphastop and cphastart commands wotk on SMB or not, but you can try. If reboot if possible, I would do that as well.

Otherwise, would call TAC and see if you can do remote.

Andy

0 Kudos
sigal
Employee
Employee

Hi,
Configuration should synchronize in Spark cluster setup.
Your issue may be related to SIC failure between the members.
In order to verify SIC is valid you can test file copying between the members over SIC channel. This is an example of a command you can initiate from the primary member, assuming you are using default Sync settings:

cprid_util getfile -local_file /logs/test_pt -remote_file /pfrm2.0/bin/pt -server 10.231.149.2

If /logs/test_pt is successfully created then SIC and communication between the members is functioning well. If not then please issue support ticket and include return value of this command.

Thanks.

Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Could you also confirm the firmware version/build used, is it R81.10.10 or something else?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
(1)
khineminn
Participant

Currently it is R81.10.08. I will upgrade to R81.10.10 and will try it.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Glad that worked for you!

Andy

0 Kudos
khineminn
Participant

After upgrading to R81.10.10, the issue was resolved. Thanks for your support.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events