cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeB
Advisor

Traffic Shapping and QoS for SD-WAN

Hi!,

We are trying to do a Check Point SD-WAN PoC in a customer, and want to know if is possible to apply a policy for traffic Shapping and QoS, for example:

• For MSFT Teams, guarantee 30% of the bandwidth of ISP1 and ISP 2 links.
  • For Zoom, use ISP 3 and backup ISP2
  • for everything else best effor

I think it is possible to do the 2nd and 3rd, but I am not sure if it is possible to make policies considering the bandwidth of the internet link and guarantee certain bandwidth for certain applications.

Is it possible to do this with Check Point SD-WAN??

5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I know you can do it on Fortigate appliance as per below:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.4/administration-guide/249147/sd-wan-traffic-shapin...

Not sure if its possible on CP as of yet, had not had chance to test it out, maybe someone else can confirm.

Cheers mate.

Andy

MikeB
Advisor

Hi @the_rock! thanks for your answer, however as I see in Fortinet's admin guide, you can only guaranteed bandwith (QoS) at layer 3 and 4 level (IP and Port).

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I did not check that, sorry. Was there a different link you looked at?

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Applications can definitely be routed to specific ISP links based on application. 
Not sure on the bandwidth guarantees portion, though, adding @Shlomi_Feldman.

Shlomi_Feldman
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

hi Mike,

2nd and 3rd requirements can be easily achieved. 1st requirement is achievable in some use cases. in any case we work on a better out of the box QoS solution for SDWAN.
concerning  your PoC, I will contact you directly and let us help you with the deployment 

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events