cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shlomi_Feldman
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

SDWAN Vs. ISP Redundancy

I have been asked many times lately by customers why they need to implement SD-WAN when they already have ISP redundancy.

The answer is simple: while ISP redundancy provides a certain level of connectivity, it falls short in comparison to the benefits of SD-WAN.

With ISP redundancy, a network is designed with multiple ISPs to provide redundancy in the event of an outage. However, this redundancy only provides basic failover capabilities and does not offer the advanced features and benefits of SD-WAN.

SD-WAN, on the other hand, offers a wide range of benefits that go beyond basic redundancy. One of the most significant benefits is the ability to intelligently route traffic across multiple links based on network conditions, which allows for optimal network performance and improved application experience. SD-WAN also offers the ability to prioritize certain types of traffic over others, which can help ensure critical applications receive the necessary service they require.

In summary, while ISP redundancy provides basic failover capabilities, it falls short in comparison to the benefits of SD-WAN. SD-WAN offers improved network performance, advanced security, and cost savings compared to traditional MPLS networks. Therefore, customers looking to improve their network performance, security, and cost savings should consider implementing SD-WAN.

3 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Excellent explanation @Shlomi_Feldman . I saw many times benefits of sd-wan on Fortigate appliances and fact you can actually even choose certain applications to go over specific link. Definitely amazing stuff that CP customers will be able to do the same.

Cheers,

Andy

Shlomi_Feldman
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

I am glad you found it useful. Now we need to explain our customer (even the small ones) the topic and convince them that SDWAN can provide better value

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I agree 100%, its definitely worth convincing/pursuing!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events