Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biskit
Advisor

godaddy.html

Hi,

Are there any Apache guru's out there?!

My customer has ordered a GoDaddy SSL certificate to use on Mobile Access.  GoDaddy have emailed back the validation email.  There are two options to validate the domain.  The first is a domain name zone change and owing to the size of the organisation and hoops I'd need to jump through, that option is a last resort...

Option 2 reads:

2. If you are able to store a web page in the highest-level directory of the website for the common name you're using, you can use the Domain Website Control validation process. Please note this option is not available for Wildcard SSL. After you have followed the instructions linked below, you should be able to view the file using the following URL(s):

http://vpn.xyz-corp.com/.well-known/pki-validation/godaddy.html

So the question - is there a way to add the above page on to the gateway (Gaia R77.30) so that it is accessible?  Or is Apache on the gateway too locked down to bother trying?

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Mobile Access is considered a Remote Access‌ product, so let's put the discussion here.

The question you have actually goes a little beyond this as there are actually several HTTP daemons in use on the platform and something called "multiportal" that redirects the request to the correct one. 

Since this will be outside of the context of Mobile Access (or more specifically the /sslvpn prefix), you actually need to put this in the root directory for the Gaia OS WebUI, which is either in /web/htdocs or /web/htdocs2.

However, I'm pretty sure the default configuration will not allow random files placed in these directories without authentication.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events