Well this is my first post here, figured I would create a quick document for a few of my customers but there has been a wider interest in it as well.
- Create new public DNS domain
- Added domain as a “Custom domain name” in AzureAD
- Created 2019 AD domain on prem
- Installed NPS onto AD server
- ** STOP AND TEST RADIUS **
- Installed Azure AD Connect and began AD sync to cloud
- Installed “Network Policy Server extension for Azure” on top of NPS
The way I have it setup is the gateway sends a RADIUS request to MS NPS, NPS auths’s against AD, if successful NPS will send it to AzureAD for OTP creation, MS will then send the OTP via SMS or email to the end user.
For the full list of White Papers, go here.
This is tested with a 750 running latest code as the gateway, SecureClient on the user PC and Capsule VPN on windows10
happy to answer questions or provide more info if needed.