cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gbgbcmrf86
Explorer
Jump to solution

Update SNX for linux on gateway

As you know new versions of SNX client is distributed within Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator. But we faced with problem when after hotfix installation on SSL Network Extender Portal (https://Gateway_IP_or_Name/CSHELL/snx_install.sh) remains old version but command 

cat $CVPNDIR/htdocs/SNX/CSHELL/snx_ver.txt

from SNX Versions shows that we have new version 

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/SSL_Network_Extender_AdminGuide/Content/Topics-SNX-Admin-Guide/... 

We have made some research and found that new version of SNX is placed in $CVPNDIR/htdocs/SNX/INSTALL/ but file which is downloaded from SSL Network Extender Portal is placed in $FWDIR/conf/extender/CSHELL

So if you want to have newest clien on your portal you shoul replace file snx_install.sh in $FWDIR/conf/extender/CSHELL by file from $CVPNDIR/htdocs/SNX/INSTALL/

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I did check with R&D and it appears this is all expected behavior.
Officially we don’t support the legacy SNX portal any longer, thus why the updated SNX client is not placed there.
You can copy it to the correct location as you did and it should still work.
Further, using the legacy SNX portal appears to be the only way you can launch SNX via the CLI.
(As a parenthetical, SMB appliances use the legacy SNX portal only, which means launching SNX via CLI against an SMB gateway should work)

If Mobile Access Blade is used instead of the legacy SNX portal, then SNX must be launched from there.
Launching SNX via CLI is not supported in this case.

View solution in original post

(1)
7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Are you talking about the legacy SNX portal here?
Not sure that's even officially supported anymore.
The functionality of auto-launching SNX hasn't worked for years since it relies on Internet Explorer, which isn't even supported any longer.

0 Kudos
gbgbcmrf86
Explorer

Yes, I am talking about SNX portal. We have just tried to find the way how to deliver newer version of SNX client to our users without involving our support. Users can download actual version by themself.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

How are users launching SNX on Linux without the MAB portal?
Last I heard, launching SNX from CLI wasn’t supported, but perhaps this changed?

0 Kudos
gbgbcmrf86
Explorer

It works from the CLI. SNX version 800008407. Gateway R81.20.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Maybe this indeed works with the legacy SNX portal and not the MAB portal, where there's an SK that says it is not: https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk180750 
In any case, I'll clarify the situation with R&D. 

0 Kudos
gbgbcmrf86
Explorer

We definitely don't use Mobile Access blade, only Remote Access VPN.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I did check with R&D and it appears this is all expected behavior.
Officially we don’t support the legacy SNX portal any longer, thus why the updated SNX client is not placed there.
You can copy it to the correct location as you did and it should still work.
Further, using the legacy SNX portal appears to be the only way you can launch SNX via the CLI.
(As a parenthetical, SMB appliances use the legacy SNX portal only, which means launching SNX via CLI against an SMB gateway should work)

If Mobile Access Blade is used instead of the legacy SNX portal, then SNX must be launched from there.
Launching SNX via CLI is not supported in this case.

(1)

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events