Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Travis_G
Explorer
Jump to solution

Site to Host IPSEC VPN ISP redundancy with Gateway behind static NAT

Hi,

I am trying to add a new ISP to my current setup so as to achieve redundancy for my remote user in case 1 of the ISP when down. The setup is as such. Firmware used is R80.10

ISP1                          ISP2(New)

|                                   |

Switch------------- Switch

| /                      \  |

Load balancer -------Load balancer    (Static Nat)

|                                |

Switch------------Switch   

|                                |

CP1-----------------CP2                (Active-Passive ClusteXL)

However it appears that only 1 ISP can be active at a time. Static NAT field in link selection only allow 1 IP to be inserted.

When i change it to ISP2 ip the ISP2 tunnel is active and the ISP1 is down. Btw this is for remote access (IPSEC site to host).

When i try to select probing under link selection and insert the IP for 2 ISP, it does not work either.

Is there anyway i could make this work?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

@huytq1786 

yes, you can have ISP redundancy. You have to enable this if you have defined two external interfaces on the gateway.

But I think behind two different NAT devices ( as mentioned by @Travis_G ) this is not possible. 

Wolfgang

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
Have you configured ISP Redundancy at all?
Not exactly sure how it'd work in this case where some other device is doing the NAT.
0 Kudos
huytq1786
Participant

I have the same question. Can we have a ISP redundancy solution on the checkpoint ?

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

@huytq1786 

yes, you can have ISP redundancy. You have to enable this if you have defined two external interfaces on the gateway.

But I think behind two different NAT devices ( as mentioned by @Travis_G ) this is not possible. 

Wolfgang

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events