Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NorthernNetGuy
Advisor

SNX failing Driver validation

I've found on my windows 10 22H2 clients that SNX is failing the windows driver validation checks (Secure boot + Driver Signature Enforcement).

checking the setupapi.dev.log file shows the following errors:

Error 0x800b0109: A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.

Driver package failed signature verification. Error = 0xE0000247

Failed to import driver package into Driver Store. Error = 0xE0000247

When i Check out the SNX security catalog file, it shows that it is not valid, being signed by an old microsoft CA that expired in 2021.

I've attached screenshot of the certs and catalog.

TAC + R&D has indicated that the driver being signed by an expired CA is fine, and that this is likely an issue with a custom CRL on my clients, but I've never applied a custom CRL.

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this isue on win10 22H2 and later versions of windows. The proposed workaround of disabling secure boot + validation checks will be rejected by the business.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What version of snx is installed?
What gateway version/JHF is relevant here?

0 Kudos
NorthernNetGuy
Advisor

R81.20, JHF 84

SNX version 7.01.0000

Mobile Access Portal Agent 800.007.049

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The SNX version should be a build like 800008302, which you can get with snx -h on the CLI.
The latest appears to be 80008409, which should be applied with the latest R81.20 JHF.

Assuming you're on the most recent release, you're saying it is signed with an old certificate?
Can you send me the relevant SR in a PM?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events