cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ziggurat
Participant

No Audio when using Teams via Mobile

Hi everyone

I hope you can help with this. I'm looking at an issue whereby when users attempt to access corporate MS Teams via their mobile, they have no audio. I've attached the entry that I see on the firewall logs when this connection is made.

Could someone explain what the text on the right hand side means please? Am I right in saying that the IP is not being picked up from the correct pool? Would this need to be amended in the conf file within OfficeMode?

Hope you can help 🙂

Many thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

900 seconds is the normal timeout for being assigned an IP with Office Mode.
Provided they remain connected, they will retain the same IP.
It's not related to the problem you're having.

I would be looking for other log entries to explain what's happening.
It would also help if you provided some basic information about versions in use (on client, on gateway, on management).
Packet traces while the issue is going on might also be helpful.
0 Kudos
ziggurat
Participant

Thanks for the reply PhoneBoy

Hopefully should get Wireshark logs fairly soon. Following further investigation today, it seems as though the Mobile Access blade is synced with AD. So when the users switch between mobile device and laptop, the username stays intact, therefore keeping the same IP. This is fine.

The issue of calls remains though. Does the Teams App have to remain open on the laptop in order for the call to go through? It's really odd. Texting via Teams works while the app is closed but not the audio call.

Looking at the firewall policy, I wonder whether a Lync rule is interfering with Teams connectivity (please see attached). The Teams rule is fairly open at the moment. It allows any to a wide range of MS Teams IPs over http, https and UDP_3478-3481.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

B

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I presume the Teams App would have to remain open to receive VoIP calls, but I'm not familiar with how the Teams app works.
I would clarify this with Microsoft.
0 Kudos
Daniel_Kavan
Advisor

Where is the documentation for getting MSFT Teams to work with Check Point Capsule Workspace?   Is it as simple as adding a URL link somewhere?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Capsule Workspace is for email/web applications.
Teams is not exactly that.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events