cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waynej
Participant

Issue on client when DynamicID is configured for both SMS and Email

Hi,

I've got a strange issue with the VPN client when I try to use both email and SMS for DynamicID.  When connecting, the following  prompt pops up:

VPNClient_DID_Prompt.png

I've figured out that this is prompting for which method to use to send out the DynamicID code. If I enter 1, it sends an SMS and if I enter 2 it sends an email.  Is it possible to change this message to something informative so users know what to do when they are prompted?  I've been through the documentation and looked at all the settings I can find, but I can't see where I can set/alter this message.

Also, is it possible for administrators to control which is used by default for which users?  I have a client that would like to use email for employee's and SMS for external consultants.

Thanks,

Wayne

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It should display something else there, according to R&D.
Recommend opening a TAC case here.
0 Kudos
waynej
Participant

Thanks, I will open a case with TAC.
0 Kudos
MartinTzvetanov
Advisor

I had the same requirements from a customer - to send the code via both mail and sms when using a vpn client. I had a case with TAC and they said that sms and mail works together only on Mobile access portal, not on a VPN client.

0 Kudos
waynej
Participant

I hope that is not the case. I have opened a case, they have not provided a fix as yet.

The functionality works fine, the issue here is the message that gets displayed. Instead of "password:", it should say something like "Please select how you want to receive the code. Enter '1' for SMS and '2' for Email".

I think a drop down box would be the best, but just changing the message would be helpful right now.
0 Kudos
MartinTzvetanov
Advisor

I've been told that a fix is being prepared but in the end this is what the TAC send me:

"In addition to that I've checked admin guides and in general the option to configure SMS and E-mail at the same time is possible only when we connecting via Mobile Access and not End Point solution.

Page 150 "How Dynamic ID works" shows us the explanation for the flow when we connecting to the Mobile Access portal.

https://dl3.checkpoint.com/paid/45/45a0ccc6eb278c1a067ba9cc15a73222/CP_R80.20_MobileAccess_AdminGuid...

I've consulted with our R&D team and they have confirmed there is no option to configure both SMS and E-MAIL for the EndPoint clients."

Link maybe won't work but open the Mobile Access admin guide and search for Dynamic ID and check.
waynej
Participant

Thanks for sharing the feedback from TAC. 

I hope a fix is on the way.  As I said, the functionality is there, it is just badly presented in the UI.

0 Kudos
MartinTzvetanov
Advisor

I also faced the Response field and didn't know what to enter here. I tried with the full mail/phone number of the user and it didn't work. Didn't try with 1 or 2 - as you say it's not clear what to enter here.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events