cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danilo_Lara
Contributor
Contributor

E80.80 Check Point Mobile installation issue

Hi, I'm facing problems when installing E80.80 Check Point Mobile. An error message "You must uninstall Checkpoint Endpoint Security before you can install Check Point Endpoint Security VPN" is being displayed even though I had already uninstalled the previous version. Does anyone experienced the same issue? Thanks and regards.

8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You should probably open a ticket with the TAC: Contact Support | Check Point Software 

XBensemhoun
Employee
Employee

Hi Danilo, did you already opened a SR ? If so : could you share their answer ? Thanks

Information Security enthusiast, CISSP, CCSP
0 Kudos
Danilo_Lara
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Bensemhoun,

They recommended run CPClean as per sk38826, however the problem persist. As soon as I have a solution I will keep you posted.

Diego_Fridman
Participant

I have the same problem....

0 Kudos
Danilo_Lara
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a SR with TAC and we removed all entries in the registry regarding "Endpoint Connect", than I deleted the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Connect" as requested, however the problem persist.

After these steps my account support expired and I am not able to continue with TAC. 

If someone could open a SR and post the solution here, I will appreciate.

0 Kudos
Diego_Fridman
Participant

Hi,

I have to tell you that Microsoft support help me to solve this.

we intalled revo uninstaller and with it we delete all the checkpoint and i installed the new one without problems

I hope that this information help you

0 Kudos
Danilo_Lara
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I installed revo, however all entries related to Endpoint Connect has already being removed by TAC. 

I found out what is causing problem. I use ZoneAlarm Extreme Security and ZoneAlarm Antiransomware and they use a folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Security" to store some files and probably the Check Point Mobile check if that folder exists and if so it assumes the software is already installed. 

I found out that because I use the same ZoneAlarm softwares at my home desktop and trying to installing Check Point Mobile and the same happens.

0 Kudos
Danilo_Lara
Contributor
Contributor

I solved the problem by uninstalling ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware, deleted the folder C":\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Security", in fact after uninstall ZAR only a temporary file was left on this folder, then installed Check Point Remote VPN and then reinstalled ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events