Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinA
Participant
Jump to solution

Checkpoint SecuRemote VPN Client

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to use SecuRemote as a VPN client but am having some issues;

1. the client connects to the gateway but disconnects soon after, and tries to reconnect (keeps looping)

2. The IP address assigned to the client (windows) shows a an ip which is not assigned to the office mode pool. Office mode pool is the default of 172.16.10.0 but the client gets assigned 10.16.161.170..

So far i've only activated the IPSec VPN blade and i'm running R80.30 take 196.

So how do i change the IP address assigned to the client, is there anything else i'm missing?

Cheers,

Kevin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

SecuRemote does not support Office Mode. If that's what you want to use because it's free, see: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Remote-Access-VPN/Quick-Primer-on-How-to-Configure-your-Gateway-...

Otherwise you will need to install the client as either Check Point Mobile or Endpoint Security VPN and have the relevant Mobile Access/Endpoint licenses.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Make sure you have these two options on:

Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 12.03.45.png

If they are, verify you did not install it as a SecureRemote, and you have license for OM

0 Kudos
Prabulingam_N1
Advisor

Hi Kevin,

You cannot control Office Mode IP if ur using SecuRemote Client as its Free client provided.

Only Licensed, will get Officemode assigned IP address by you.

Regards, Prabu

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

SecuRemote does not support Office Mode. If that's what you want to use because it's free, see: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Remote-Access-VPN/Quick-Primer-on-How-to-Configure-your-Gateway-...

Otherwise you will need to install the client as either Check Point Mobile or Endpoint Security VPN and have the relevant Mobile Access/Endpoint licenses.

0 Kudos
KevinA
Participant

Thanks @PhoneBoy exactly what i was looking for

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events