Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GoGreen
Explorer
Jump to solution

Check Point Endpoint security vpn service

Hi all,

I have an issue I am working on for some hours.

I deactiveated the service  "check point endpoint security vpn" on a win10 pro 64 PC.

Now I can't reach the PC via ping or remote desktop or VNC-Connection.  After starting the service, the PC is reachable. After shutting down the service the pc is still reachable via ping, rdp, VNC, etc.

The possible solution: starting the service at system startup and shutting it down after start. But this can't be the only solution.

My question: What does the service do on startup? How can I fix this problem. This problem came up after installing the EndPoint Security Client software.

Thanks in advance!

Markus

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin

The service you mention is not "unused", it continues carry out your endpoint FW disconnected policy even when tunnel is not up. Do not tamper with it.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Hi @GoGreen,

This service is part of kernel based protection of Endpoint client. You should not disable it, and it is okay if it is running. If you installed Endpoint Security Client by mistake, remove it. This will remove the service as well

0 Kudos
GoGreen
Explorer

Hi @_Val_,

thanks for reply.

we got more than 1 VPN-Client running on te machine.

And the best reason ist not to load any of the unused services. They are all started via batch if needed.

I hope now you see why I asked for what the service dows at startup. I dont want to start it on any PC startup.

I am only blocked if not started once.

Perhaps you know a solution.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

The service you mention is not "unused", it continues carry out your endpoint FW disconnected policy even when tunnel is not up. Do not tamper with it.

GoGreen
Explorer

Hi @_Val_,

ok, I give up. I hope there is no problem after deinstallation.

Thanks or the info so far.

0 Kudos
David_Ulloa
Contributor

You can use the VPN Capsule option which works and it gets configured similar to the regular Windows VPN client

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)