cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Icaro_IT
Explorer

Change Network Adapter Securemote VPN

hello

How can I change the network adapter that the checkpoint uses on the secu remote?

By default it is receiving the same IP as my Wi-Fi adapter, but I would like it to receive the IP from another adapter

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not sure I follow.
Please provide a specific example (with screenshots).

Note that if this truly SecuRemote, the IP address assigned on the client is only used for routing traffic across the VPN.
According to this, it appears to be influenced by the Office Mode configuration: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Remote-Access-VPN/Why-SecuRemote-gets-always-the-same-IP-address...
The gateway will see your public IP address only.

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Legend Legend
Legend

Actually if the client was truly installed as SecuRemote (and not Check Point Mobile or Endpoint Security), the assignment of a virtual IP address via Office Mode is not supported at all.  Reinstalling the client as Check Point Mobile will permit the use of Office Mode, but I'm pretty sure it will be limited to 5 concurrent users by the default MAB-5 license.  See here: sk84560: Check Point VPN License Guide

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

SecuRemote clients do have the virtual NIC installed just like Mobile/EPS clients.
The IP address assigned to the NIC appears to be based on the Office Mode configuration. 
However, that IP is only used for routing decisions on the client and not seen on the gateway.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events