Did you mean: 

R80.40 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator - New GA Take #173

eranzo
Employee
Employee
0 8 2,450

eranzo_0-1663070623352.jpeg

Hi All,

R80.40 Jumbo HF Take #173 is now our GA take (replacing take 161) and is available for download to all via CPUSE (as recommended) and via Jumbo documentation (R80.40

Full list of resolved issues can be found in the Jumbo documentation (R80.40

New: Starting from R80.40, Central Deployment allows you to perform a batch deployment of Hotfixes on your Security Gateways and clusters from SmartConsole!!

For more information, see sk168597.

Thanks,

Release Operations group

8 Comments
APT_Protection
Participant

Hi,

I have some problems with this release, maybe someone else experienced the same.

I upgraded my sandblast Appliances (TE2000X HPP) some days ago to R80.40, one of them was updated to Take161 and then to the latest one, Take173. The other machine was updated directly to Take173 after the upgrade.

The machine which was updated directly has now frozen the 2nd time in a couple of days (out of nowhere), more or less not responsive (sometimes I can connect, but the machine wont execute a reboot command) and only a hard reboot brings the machine back to life.

The machine with the Take161 inbetween hasnt frozen yet, hopefully will not ...

Is this a known problem?

br
Ronny

Naama_Specktor
Employee
Employee

@APT_Protection 

hi,

My name is Naama Specktor and I am from Checkpoint ,

I will appreciate it if you will share TAC  SR number , here or in PM.

thanks!

Naama

ronih
Employee
Employee

Hi 😊 @APT_Protection 

I'll appreciate if you could share the following info -

1. Which version was installed on your machines before you upgraded it to R8040 ?

2. Just to make sure about the installation process (please correct me if I'm wrong) .

* first machine was upgraded to 'blink R80.40 + JHF T161' and then was upgraded to JHF take 173 ?

* Second machine was upgraded to blink R80.40 JHF + T173 ?

3. Which blades are enabled ?

Thanks !

Roni .

APT_Protection
Participant

Hi,

I havent opened a ticket for now.

1. R80.20 with Take 190 on both machines.

2. *first machine:

R80.20 Take190 -> R80.40 (Check_Point_R80.40_T294_Fresh_Install_and_Upgrade) -> Install Take161 -> Install Take 173

*second machine:

R80.20 Take190 -> R80.40 (Check_Point_R80.40_T294_Fresh_Install_and_Upgrade) -> Install Take 173

3.  Firewall, ThreatEmulation

The first machine still works normal, without a freeze. The 2nd machine is now on Take161 to handle this situation.

As a side note, there isnt a core dump on the machine, when the problem occured. But I saved the messages log, there are maybe some interesting information in it.

br
Ronny

APT_Protection
Participant

Hi,

so I monitored the beahviour and can say that the first machine is still running stable, without a freeze.

2nd machine with Take 161 hasnt freezed either since the downgrade.

The next step would be to update the 2nd machine from take161 to take173.

But for me its clear, I have to upgrade my other machines with a intermediate step to take161 and then to take173.

I cant recommend a direct update to Take173 after the upgrade to R80.40

br

Ronny

APT_Protection
Participant

UPDATE:

Today the mentiond 2nd machine crashed again and also another gateway with R80.40 Take 161 crashed.

It seems that there is something broken.

APT_Protection
Participant

UPDATE2:

So, after 3 weeks without problems the mentioned first machine ( R80.20 Take190 -> R80.40 -> Install Take161 -> Install Take 173) also crashed/freezed and only a reboot on site helped.

I upgraded the machines now to R81.10 and will monitor the results, hopefully without these crashes/freezes.

br

Ronny

Naama_Specktor
Employee
Employee

@APT_Protection 

Hi 🙂

My name is Naama and I am checkpoint employee.

I will appreciate it, if you will open SR or share SR# if you have, and also share the logs. 

thanks,

Naama 

Labels