Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lazmate
Participant
Jump to solution

Configuring Skyline Environments with missing /opt/CPotelcol/config.yaml

Hi there,

First post on CheckPoint community page so I apologise if I'm missing any key details.

I've been trying to follow sk179870 for grouping machines under the "environment" tab on our OpenTelemetry / Skyline setup with our Security Groups.

The steps are as follows, but there is no config.yaml file in the directory, only .json.
1. cat /opt/CPotelcol/config.yaml | grep -o -E "environment: [A-Za-z0-9_]+" | awk '{ printf $2 }'
2. sed -i 's/environment: <YourCurrrnetEnvironmentHere>/environment: <YourEnvironmentHere>/g' /opt/CPotelcol/config.yaml

I suspect since moving configuration of OpenTelemetry from the REST.py script to the 'sklnctl' command, config.yaml has been replaced with config.json

I've tried reconfiguring json configuration manually with a new Environment but unfortunately, no luck.

Open to any suggestions  and hope someone can help:)

P.S. We're running R81.10

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Elad_Chomsky
Employee
Employee

Hi,

You are correct, we were not able to update the troubleshooting SK yet. In the newest version of Skyline ( just released - T70 ),  you can simply run this command:

sklnctl export  --set-env <environment name> or /opt/CPotelcol/sklnctl export  --set-env <environment name>

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Elad_Chomsky
Employee
Employee

Hi,

You are correct, we were not able to update the troubleshooting SK yet. In the newest version of Skyline ( just released - T70 ),  you can simply run this command:

sklnctl export  --set-env <environment name> or /opt/CPotelcol/sklnctl export  --set-env <environment name>

lazmate
Participant

Aw brilliant, that did exactly what I was after!

Looking forward to the updated documentation on sklnctl.

Thank you for the rapid resolution, Elad!

0 Kudos
Alexander_Wilke
Advisor

Hello,

it only worked for 3 out of 4 SGMs.

[Expert@l999gnfw0101q-ch01-01:dplane]# g_all /opt/CPotelcol/sklnctl export --set-env l999gnfw0101q-ALLE-SGMs
1_01:
1_02:
2_01:
2_02:
couldn't read in the otel config While parsing config: invalid character 'D' looking for beginning of value
[Expert@l999gnfw0101q-ch01-01:dplane]#

[Expert@l999gnfw0101q-ch01-01:dplane]# g_all /opt/CPotelcol/sklnctl -v
1_01:
1_02:
2_01:
2_02:

[Expert@l999gnfw0101q-ch01-01:dplane]# g_all cpinfo -y all | grep -i otel
BUNDLE_CPOTELCOL_AUTOUPDATE Take: 70
[CPotelcol]
[CPotelcol]
[CPotelcol]
[CPotelcol]

R81.10 JumboHFA T110 64k + MDPS

0 Kudos
lazmate
Participant

Hi Alexander_Wilke,

Unsure if this is exactly related but from my understanding, you shouldn't need to use the 'g_all' prefix or run on the script multiple SGMs.

Instead you should just execute the following command once, on your current SMO (for Maestro environments)
'/opt/CPotelcol/sklnctl export --set-env l999gnfw0101q-ALLE-SGMs'

It would probably be best to re-run on each device to disable the polling, and then perform the above command for all devices at once. And maybe raise under a new thread if issues persists, to get the attention of an Employee or experienced community member.

Alexander_Wilke
Advisor

Thanks,

I thought this feature would group several SGMs into one single SGM.

Maestro or 64k has the problem that I get it each as a single SGM. I thought this "environment" would make it possible to merge the information of all SGMs together so that I only see one Firewall no matter how much SGMs are alive.

Another benefit of this would bet that I do not lose statistics from the standby chassis because standby chassis is not monitored an if the ACTIVE CHassis switched then the data of the former ACTIVE chassis is not visible anymore.

If I then want to go back several months in data I can not remember which chassis was active at which time.

To make things short:
- thanks for the hint with "g_all"
- This feature is not what I expected it to be so will not further investigate.

0 Kudos
lazmate
Participant

I'd recommend downloading the Grafana dashboards from sk178566 if you haven't already, they're provide great views for collating multiple SGM's into one single Graph. Data should also automatically recorded for all SGMs whether they are in Stand By or Active mode, so it provides a seamless display. This may not be the case if your previous configuration is still implemented.

Happy to help if you have any more questions, give me a shout.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events