Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Suggestions for the CP community

Hey guys,

Since I always love to get feedback about things, whether good or bad (cause lets be honest, people can ONLY get better with the honest feedback), figured would post and ask what opinions people have about the community.

Anything you would like to see changed, improved, removed or added? I personally love it the way it is, though I think it would be cool if there was a way to actually say show related SKs from support site on any given issue. Not sure if thats possible, but just a thought.

Again, always grateful to @_Val_ and @PhoneBoy for making it an amazing platform it is. I saw lots of people say on here that this community is the sole reason why they never open a TAC case.

Cheers!

9 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Hopefully you also shared similar ideas in the CheckMates Fest survey? 😃

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Of course! 😉

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Just to make sure, SecureKnowledge is an internal tool, and the community is sitting on the third-party platform.

Google shows both SKs and the community posts, and if you search in SK platform, you do see the community search results.

Integrating SK search into the community, however, does not seem feasible for now, because the SecureKnowledge indexing engine is 100% internal and does not have APIs that would allow pulling the search results. We can always look into ways of doing it, but I cannot promise anything here.

Now, we do see a certain amount of deflected support calls, but that was never our strategic goal with CheckMates. This is a very positive outcome, and a great strength of collaboration, and we are excited to see it. But as said, not our main goal.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats fair, but there are lot of people who definitely use it for purpose of not having to create a TAC case...in my opinion, absolutely nothing wrong with that!

DirkB
Contributor

I agree with @the_rock , we (as small institute) are for example in the awkward situation that the old partner is no longer available, but the new one is not yet contractually bound ... so no TAC via partner at the moment ... with CheckMates you can survive such phases without a big security leak.

Thank you for the platform! This is also another way to strengthen customer loyalty 😉

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Totally agree! Customers who have partners with solid CP knowledge are in good hands, but for company in your situation, I totally get it...you guys would heavily rely on community help. Btw, you are welcome to contact me privately any time, I am always happy to help people here, as I had done it many times. I understand how difficult CP can be when person is new to it, I been there, trust me : - )

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If you search SecureKnowledge, you’ll see (in a different tab) results from CheckMates.
That’s because they are indexing the community directly; It’s something I helped implement, or re-implemented when we migrated to a different platform.
Unfortunately, the reverse is not currently possible, though I like the idea.

As @_Val_ said, our original goal with CheckMates wasn’t TAC case deflection.
Having said that, it is something that naturally occurs when a community is actively maintained the way CheckMates is.

_Val_
Admin
Admin

After discussing this with Uri, @PhoneBoy , there might be a way after they finish migrating SecureKnowledge to a new platform. 

To all, this will take a bit of time, but we hear you all.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

As former USA President used to say "Yes, we can". I believe in you guys, looking forward to it ; - )

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events