cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Microsoft global outage

I think Microsoft "blue screen of death" got a totally new meaning today...

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/article/2024/jul/19/windows-global-it-outage-what-we-know-so-...

the_rock_0-1721386386952.jpeg

Andy

0 Kudos
6 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

And since memes seem to be part of life now days no matter who you ask, here is a good one lol

Andy

the_rock_0-1721389392093.jpeg

0 Kudos
CaseyB
Advisor

I feel bad for Microsoft getting all the heat for what is a Crowd Strike problem.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I know what you mean...its sort of like people *****ing at waitress/waiter at the restaurant if their meal sucks, when its really cook's fault lol

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

One of my colleagues just told me it appears Crowdstrike pushed what appears to be corrupt file in windows update...crazy.

0 Kudos
CaseyB
Advisor

Yeah, and a lot of people have to boot into safe mode to remove the problem file. I read that some people have automated the fix, but you have to have that infrastructure in place to work (PXE).

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Its insane, yea...reminded me, watching on TV those poor people at airports all over the world in lines to get manually checked in, when I was in Tuvalu while back, which is the least visited country on the planet, flying back to Fiji, its just me, lone Canadian and 2 sisters from New Zealand at the airport terminal (aka little shack LOL) and lady goes "Im sorry, but my computer is broken", all 3 of us started laugung so hard, cause it would have taken 10 times longer for her to fix the computer than just do everything manually 🤣🤣🤣

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events