cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Handaka_CANDRA
Participant

configuring mobile access vpn for tableau web application

Hi All,

any body have done configuring checkpoint mobile access to access web application build by tableau (www.tableau.com)? i already configure it, but have an issue, tableau web can not display another web inside this page when access via vpn.

Thankyou

7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Are you accessing the site via Capsule Workspace or just using Mobile Access Blade?

In either case, Mobile Access Blade attempts to translate a given website so it can be viewed through the gateway. 

This involves rewriting URLs, Javascript, and some other magic to make everything look like it's coming through the MAB gateway.

Many intranet web pages are simple enough this process works without issue.

More complex web applications may not work properly and may require a direct VPN connection to work properly.

Only specific web applications are supported, and they're called out in the MAB documentation.

0 Kudos
Handaka_CANDRA
Participant

Hi Dameon,

Thanks for your time to response.

We access it using mobile access. i think we can see the root cause for this issue now, but still not find the solution yet.

1. the page we try to load (tableau) containt an iframe.

2. content of the iframe load from another web application (seruni)

3. seruni only accessible porperly via mobile access with Hostname Translation Method (which is this hostname will generate randomly)

4. the problem, tableau load the content in to the frame with generate this url (seruni fix domain + token code)

the way we see to solve this issue right now, is to make seruni apps can call with fix hostname via mobile access, and then we can write the fix hostname into the code. is it possible to do?  or any other solution we can execute to solve this will be great. 

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

As far as I know, Hostname Translation isn't generating a new hostname everytime, it's merely obscuring it (e.g. through a hash).

That means, assuming the hostname of seruni is the same each time, you should get the same hostname from MAB.

Handaka_CANDRA
Participant

Hi Dameon,

As i test, the MAB always generate different hostname/domain randomly every time user access it. below are the sample of random subdomain generated by MAB. the format of domain willl be : random-subdomain.fix-domain.com. maybe any other we can do to make it become : fix-subdomain.fix-doamin.com

random subdomain 

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not as far as I'm aware of. 

It's possible the TAC may have some suggestions here.

joecool
Participant

We put * as a DNS names, we are using Hostname Translation and it still doesn't work, it is going to take something else like SSL Network Extender.

0 Kudos
abihsot__
Advisor

Hi,

Yes, hostname translation generates random value per user. We had similar case and we had to disable domain hashing - sk122516.

Take a note it is global change and it will affect all apps configured in mobile access portal.

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events