Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chinni_Tadivaka
Explorer
Jump to solution

when creating a access rule similar to existing rule.

When creating a access rule in a policy package similar to existing rule( This happened when doing the same API call two times by mistake).

Following issues were identified.

1. unable to delete policy package( Getting the following error)

Capture1.JPG

2. "Unable to Add/Remove access rule until admin publishes the changes" in that policy package.
     I do not see any changes that require publish or to discard

3. unable to find this object "null" to delete.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

in that case, I suggest that you contact Check Point Support privately and they will proceed with this issue.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi,

I agree that the error message should be modified. Thank you for letting us know.

Because the API user has not called the "publish" command, another user can't delete a policy package that contains locks from other users. What you could do, given "superuser" permissions, is to go to Manage & Settings --> Sessions, and then either take over, publish or discard the changes on behalf of that API user.

Even if your login credentials to the GUI and to the API were the same, they will create two separate sessions.

Let me know if this solves the problem for you.

0 Kudos
Chinni_Tadivaka
Explorer

I do not see any sessions being active through GUI to discard.
Publish and logout are included in API call that was made.

Issue happens when similar API call was made two times.

For example..

1st API call

API call is to create a policy at position 1.. API call successfully creates the policy , publishes and logout.

2nd API call
If I do the same API call as above again without any changes, It publishes successfully and logout

Further unrelated/similar API calls to the same policy package fails

For any other changes through GUI to that Policy package. I get those errors that explained above
     1. unable to delete policy package.

2. "Unable to Add/Remove access rule until admin publishes the changes" in that policy package.

I do not see any changes that require publish or to discard.

Through the API , I get the following error

{"message": "Runtime error: An object is locked by another session.", "code": "generic_error"}

From the GUI screenshot shared, this object is called "null"?Capture1.JPG

0 Kudos
Chinni_Tadivaka
Explorer

Update: I rebooted Management server and tested the similar API calls again by creating a new policy, and do not see the similar issue.

But the previous policy packages still had the same issue of {"message": "Runtime error: An object is locked by another session.", "code": "generic_error"} even after reboot.
I do not see any changes that require publish or to discard.

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

in that case, I suggest that you contact Check Point Support privately and they will proceed with this issue.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events