Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kehagen
Contributor
Jump to solution

smartdashboard login

Hello,

I am trying to move a jumpbox to a different location.  When at the old location, I can log into smart dashboard, but when at the new location, with a new ip address, I get an error message, checkpoint smartdashboard, connection cannot be initiated.  please make sure that the server "x.x.x.x" is up and running and that you are defined as a gui client.  The server is up and running and the new address is defined as a node and allowed in the policy rules.  Can someone point out my mistake?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just an idea. Run cpconfig, then option for gui clients and maybe set to any, try again.

If no luck, do option 2, add new admin, test again. If still no go, dont bother opening TAC case, you are on R77, lets see if we can help you here.

Andy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Can you run below from expert mode and update please?

Andy

watch -d $FWDIR/scripts/./cpm_status.sh (ctrl+c to stop)

api status

cpwd_admin list

0 Kudos
kehagen
Contributor

[Expert@lc366gto:0]# watch -d $FWDIR/scripts/./cpm_status.sh
sh: /opt/CPsuite-R77/fw1/scripts/./cpm_status.sh: No such file or directory
[Expert@lc366gto:0]# api status
-bash: api: command not found
[Expert@lc366gto:0]# cpwd_admin list
APP PID STAT #START START_TIME MON COMMAND
CPVIEWD 3066 E 1 [12:35:04] 3/3/2021 N cpviewd
CPD 3069 E 1 [12:35:04] 3/3/2021 Y cpd
FWD 3183 E 1 [12:35:08] 3/3/2021 N fwd -n
FWM 3185 E 1 [12:35:09] 3/3/2021 N fwm
STPR 3188 E 1 [12:35:09] 3/3/2021 N status_proxy
SVR 31187 E 1 [00:22:20] 23/12/2021 N SVRServer
CPSEAD 3390 E 1 [12:35:10] 3/3/2021 N cpsead
CPWMD 3436 E 1 [12:35:11] 3/3/2021 N cpwmd -D -app SmartPortal
CPHTTPD 3439 E 1 [12:35:12] 3/3/2021 N cp_http_server -f '/opt/CPportal-R77/portal/conf/cp_httpd_admin.conf'
SMARTLOG_SERVER 3453 E 1 [12:35:12] 3/3/2021 N smartlog_server
DASERVICE 3458 E 1 [12:35:12] 3/3/2021 N DAService_script
CPSM 4087 E 1 [12:35:48] 3/3/2021 N cpstat_monitor
[Expert@lc366gto:0]#

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Seems like you ran them on the gateway and not the management server. Can you run them on the ssh of the mgmt server and update please?

Best regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
emmap
Employee
Employee

It's not that it's not management, it's R77 so those command don't exist.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Yep, you are 100% right, did not examine the output properly, my bad. Anyway, fwm is started, so that part is fine. 

Andy

Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Is the new subnet allowed as a GUI client?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
kehagen
Contributor

No it is not. I will add it and try it again.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
kehagen
Contributor

So I added it and still not able to get into the smart dashboard.  I get the same error message. When it was back on the old network, all I had was a node address in the firewall policy and it was allowed.  It's the same machine, so it shouldn't be anything on the machine.  It might be something blocking on the network, or does something else need to be configured on the firewall management?  

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just an idea. Run cpconfig, then option for gui clients and maybe set to any, try again.

If no luck, do option 2, add new admin, test again. If still no go, dont bother opening TAC case, you are on R77, lets see if we can help you here.

Andy

0 Kudos
kehagen
Contributor

That was the information I needed!  Thanks very much!

Ken

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Glad we can help buddy. By the way, you should upgrade to supported version, just saying : - )

Cheers,

Andy

(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Here comes the joke EVERYONE in my company and probably everywhere else is sick of (though they do laugh at it lol)

"For you, no charge, EXCEPT Iphone charge and if you dont use Iphone, then you get a donut or coffee" ; - )

But seriously, happy its working.

Best regards,

Andy

kehagen
Contributor

Haha.  Good joke!

I really appreciate it. It saved me a lot of stress.  

Thanks again Andy!

Ken

(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

My little niece always makes fun of me about charging Iphone (well, she is not so little, 11 years old), but she always says to me "Uncle Andy, I know why you could never drive electric car" and I say "Why is that Emma?" and she says "Its because you always have to have your Iphone charged at 100%, so if your car battery was down to 50%, you would legitimately call 911 as real life emergency"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

In all honesty, thats probably true haha

Anyway, pleasure to help you @kehagen . Be free to message me directly any time.

Cheers mate.

Andy

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events