Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kb1
Collaborator

how to demote a management server to secondary?

Hello Guys,

So in this sk-114933 its only mentioned how to promote to primary but how do you demote a server that is primary to secondary? We have 2 servers now that are primary, need to demote one of them to secondary.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Usually the act of promoting a secondary to primary will demoted the previous primary to secondary.
Sounds like that didn't happen for whatever reason and you'll have to contact the TAC here.
0 Kudos
kb1
Collaborator

Thank you, i guess i will have to contact TAC then.
0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

There is no demotion per se, but the steps 5 and 6 are addressing changing the roles:

5. Log into the SmartDashboard of the Secondary which is now the new Primary.
Delete the old Primary object.

6.Rebuild the old Primary Security Management Server as a new Secondary Server.When it comes to the option during first time configuration wizard how to install this server, primary or secondary, select secondary. Bring it up to the same HFA version and as the new primary. Plugins, etc. also have to be the same.

0 Kudos
kb1
Collaborator

yes i did read those steps but i do not want to delete the object and do it all over again, will there be any issues if both are kept as primary?
0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Check how the logging is configured in your environment before removing old "Primary". You may have to designate your former "Secondary" as a log target first.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Yes, there is an issue. It won't work

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events