Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dahlinkj
Contributor

With R81 on Open server I cannot browse and yet I can ping external IP address and the domain names

With R81 on Open server I cannot browse and yet I can ping external IP address and the domain names.

No dropped error is registered .

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Please describe the environment/configuration/rules in more detail.
A network diagram might be helpful.
Precisely what error shows on the browser?

You may want to do a basic configuration such as the one in Check Point for Beginners: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/CommunityBeginnersChild?cat=2

dahlinkj
Contributor

thanks for your swift response, i had an issue with traffic going out but not returning to the host from the gateway, which was resolved by a checkpoint technical support via  remote assistance .

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

If you are referring to "can ping external IP and domain names" as being done from the R81 itself, then look into the accurate definition of internal network and its NAT properties, which in most cases should be "Hide" behind Gateway's IPs to allow for browsing. Having rules in the policy explicitly permitting DNS and HTTP/HTTPS is also required for it to work.

Without accurate description of the environment, it is difficult to speculate what else may be wrong.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events