cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

Verify logging works on CMA

Hi,

I have been looking into the API manual. But at the moment I can't figure out how to view logs from a CMA with a single command line.

The background issue is that we are chasing an odd thing in our MDS farm where all CMA's on 1 MDS server are unable to access the logs. They can do policy changes just fine.

TAC is working on it but in the mean time I was looking into a simple way to test if the logs work from the cammandline so we can use that in a script and check this say every 30 minutes. So we get a much faster indicator that we have an issue that we need to resolve with the workaround of doing a reboot. (As mdsstop;mdsstart is not always the way to get things going.)

Any suggestions?

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peter_Lyndley
Advisor
Advisor

are the logs being sent to each  CMA or on a separate log server ?

If you want to check locally if logs are actually being received, check netstat -an |grep 257 for connected gateways on the CMA/DLS

Do you use any NATting (or masters files) to point the logs at a certain IP address ?

Are the logs being received but just not displayed in SmartConsole ? 

Sorry, more questions than answers at the moment

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Not an API, but an idea. You probably can build a script which verifies a timestamp on the current raw logs file and signals you if it is older than XX minutes.

0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Try one of these:

mgmt_cli -r true show-logs -d <domain_name/CMA_IP> new-query.filter ""

mgmt_cli -r true show-logs -d <domain_name/CMA_IP> new-query.max-logs-per-request "100"

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events