Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jacob_W
Contributor

Upgrade partition gone missing after resizing logs partition.

Hi,

Some time ago I used lvm_manager to extend logs partition on our management server.

During the process I was asked to choose new size and was given possible value range. As we had plenty of free space I choose the max of what was proposed by lvm_manager (it was corresponding with free space we had).

All went smooth, but at the end I realized that upgrade partition is missing and we have free space instead.

What would be the step to recover upgrade partition?

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Please consult with TAC for further direction but out of interest is this on vmware?

(Please refer: Limitations & verifications section of sk95566)

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hm, that does not look normal...I used lvm probably 20 times and NEVER had an issue. I mean, I assume you followed on-screen instructions, so not sure why it happened. Is this VM or smart-1 appliance or open server mgmt?

Andy

0 Kudos
Jacob_W
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for replies. Yes, I followed on screen instruction (there's nothing more You could do anyway).

This is VM installation. I'll ask for a TAC case as suggested.

0 Kudos
Jacob_W
Contributor

Hi,

Just to update and close this topic. 

Checkpoint TAC came back saying it's normal behavior, but I still think it's a little bit ridiculous that following on-screen instructions I run into this problem.

Anyway I solved the issue by adding some more space and assigning it to vg_splat. Just after it popped-up as free upgrade partition came back.

Thanks for all the help.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

TAC said thats normal behavior??!! I dont know who exactly told you that, but to me personally, there is no logic to that answer whatsoever. Its built in CP tool that should work by simply following on-screen instructions, which it sounds like you did.

Andy

0 Kudos
Jacob_W
Contributor

For me the issue here is that lvm_manager should consider more space to be left for upgrade/free partition while extending the others.

Looks like like I run into this because of missing 0,66GB of free space. They kept saying it's normal that it's missing and will be created once upgrade or snapshot creation will take place. Unfortunately I could do any of this as I was getting info that I don't have enough space for snapshot. 

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I find that really interesting and not logical at all...here is why. Say when you are upgrading a firewall (just as an example), if you do verify, it would tell you why upgrade is not possible, whatever the reason. You would think same would happen here, but I guess not. Though, I could have sworn that few years ago when I tried it for one customer, it was complaining about lack of space, but this was definitely not the same version as yours and it was not included, we had to download it, so its possible there were differences.

What was again the type of appliance? VM?

Andy

0 Kudos
Jacob_W
Contributor

yes it is VM

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events