Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinceneil666
Advisor
Jump to solution

Upgrade of management, CME, Azure

Hi,

We just finished a task of upgrading an on-prem management from R80.30 to R80.40. Because of 'things', we did this by migrate export, installed a new r80.40, and then migrate import. All fine..

But we lost the CME, I was under the impression that CME was a part of R80.40 but alas...

Does anyone know if there are plans to have this feature (CME) implemented witinh an upcomming Rxx.xx ??

And also, any tips on how I would do this next time around ? What files to copy ? Any logs I need to bring along ? Any tips on how to bring my r80.30 CME over to r80.40 ?

tnx ! 🙂

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dmitry_Gorn
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Upgrading an on-prem Management Server using a CPUSE upgrade package will preserve the necessary CME configuration ($FWDIR/conf/autoprovision.json).

However, since CME is an extension and not part of R80.40 installation, you will still need to install the CME self-updateable package by following the instruction from sk157492. Once installed and started, it will identify the existing configurations and will start a provisioning cycle.

You can follow the log file from /var/log/CPcme to ensure that there are no errors after the upgrade.

Regards,

Dmitry

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Martin_Valenta
Advisor

You can install CME via CPUSE package. Configuration file is under $FWDIR/conf/autoprovision.conf, but this will not included SIC key, which is stored somewhere else..

Dmitry_Gorn
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Upgrading an on-prem Management Server using a CPUSE upgrade package will preserve the necessary CME configuration ($FWDIR/conf/autoprovision.json).

However, since CME is an extension and not part of R80.40 installation, you will still need to install the CME self-updateable package by following the instruction from sk157492. Once installed and started, it will identify the existing configurations and will start a provisioning cycle.

You can follow the log file from /var/log/CPcme to ensure that there are no errors after the upgrade.

Regards,

Dmitry

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events