Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alan_Long
Participant

Upgrade SMS in AWS from R80.30 to R81.10

We are looking to upgrade our AWS SMS from R80.30 to R81.10.  We want to keep the current ip address the same. Has anyone done such an upgrade, if so can you share steps you used and any issues you came across. We use a payg license. Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Never done it myself, but had customer who did it and they said it was exactly how you would do it on a regular mgmt server.

0 Kudos
Alan_Long
Participant

Did you do the migration? We are looking to do the same and wanted to know steps you took. Thanks

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You cannot do an in-place upgrade with the Security Management Server in public cloud as of yet.
Which means you follow the Advanced Upgrade procedure in the Install/Upgrade guide (migrate_server export/import), which involves creating a new management instance.
The IP address can be preserved, but there's no actual reason to do this since once you push policy from the new management server with a different IP (but the same internal certificate authority as the old management), the gateways will accept the new management IP without issue. 

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

0 Kudos
sbalayan
Explorer

have done it or not . Let me know , i have the solution for it do ping me .

sandeepbalayan11@gmail.com

0 Kudos
along5664
Participant

I completed this a while back. Did an export/import and all was well.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I hope thaty one day in place upgrade will be possible.

Andy

0 Kudos
Itay_Sharim
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Security Management In-Place upgrade is supported on AWS and Azure is supported.

Please see sk177714: In-Place Upgrade packages for CloudGuard Network 

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Awesome! Thanks for that @Itay_Sharim , because in November 2022, TAC told us in place upgrade for the Azure mgmt server was not possible, so this is great news.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey @Itay_Sharim 

I checked for a customer we support and on their Azure mgmt server, which currently runs base R81 version, when I click to check for updates, does not give any packages for a newer version, so I assume file from that sk you gave would need to be uploaded manually in order to do in-place upgrade?

If so, we may wait till R81.20 is officially recommended and plus, they need lots of space added, as machine was never sized properly when built couple of years back.

Cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos
Itay_Sharim
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Yes - currently the packages have to be downloaded manually.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events