Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucafabbri365
Collaborator

Updatable objects - no longer available

Jump to solution

Hello all,

this morning I opened SmartConsole management (Check Point R80.20; Take 80 installed on Security Gateways) and I found Validations errors related to Updatable Objects:

Updatable Objects.png

However, they are still present:

Updatable Objects 1.PNG

I read the sk121877:

1. Run unified_dl UPDATE ONLINE_SERVICES on Gateways; output:

Entering mainloop
Unified_Download_Update_Now_CB: Activated, opq [UPDATE NOW OPAQUE]
************************************************
Got response : Request was completed successfully
Got Reason:

************************************************
Exiting mainloop

2. Search the last_revision.xml file under $CPDIR/database/downloads/ONLINE_SERVICES/1.0/; content:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<RevisionInfo><Last_Revision>140619092032</Last_Revision></RevisionInfo>

3. Content of  Update_Status.dat:

(
:Last_Update_Status (3)
:Last_Update_Time (1560513301)
:Last_Update_Reason ()
:Success_Time (1560502924)
)

4. google.C file under the folder $CPDIR/database/downloads/ONLINE_SERVICES/1.0/140619092032 contains valid Google Services references:

(
:CP_GGL_GGL (
:parent ()
:uuid ("85bfe1b7-0581-3e89-a911-15e43ba0f7b4")
:display_name ("Google Services")
:icon ("@app/cp_ggl_ggl")
:children (
: (CP_GGL_GSuite)
: (CP_GGL_GCP)
)
)
:CP_GGL_GSuite (
:parent (CP_GGL_GGL)
:uuid ("3c0f0c1b-614d-3cdb-a47f-18995b9d6772")
:display_name ("G Suite Services")
...

:CP_GGL_GCP (
:parent (CP_GGL_GGL)
:uuid ("74ee9fa6-ac3a-3017-aed0-0d70abaefc40")
:display_name ("Google Cloud Platform Services")

...

Any advice?

Thank you,
Luca

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
lucafabbri365
Collaborator

Hello all,

unfortunately, the problem was solved before collecting debug logs, after rebooting Security Management virtual machine.

 

Bye,
Luca

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Florian_Maier
Participant

cloudguard stop

cloudguard start

 

solved it too i hope this was a one time thing, 

View solution in original post

(1)
13 Replies
G_W_Albrecht
Legend
Legend

I would involve TAC here...

CCSE CCTE SMB Specialist
0 Kudos
lucafabbri365
Collaborator

Done.

I'll keep you up-to-date.

Bye,
Luca

0 Kudos
Jerry
Leader
Leader

Annotation 2019-06-20 112936.png

Jerry
0 Kudos
lucafabbri365
Collaborator

Hello all,

unfortunately, the problem was solved before collecting debug logs, after rebooting Security Management virtual machine.

 

Bye,
Luca

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Dave
Participant

Maybe a little late to come back on this, but still might help future visitors of this thread.

I faced the same issue and a reboot of the mgmt server solved the issue.

0 Kudos
Jonathan_Mandzi
Explorer

I opened a TAC for this.

0 Kudos
Benedikt_Weissl
Advisor
Hi,

any reply from tac yet?
Florian_Maier
Participant

have the same problem, any updates?

0 Kudos
Benedikt_Weissl
Advisor
SMS reboot solved it for me
0 Kudos
Florian_Maier
Participant

cloudguard stop

cloudguard start

 

solved it too i hope this was a one time thing, 

View solution in original post

(1)
Paul_Hagyard
Collaborator

I've tried cloudguard stop/start as recommended by sk164772 on my R81 SmartCenter and nothing changed. Reboot doesn't help either. Has worked on a number of R80.40 environments, so perhaps this is another R81 "feature".

0 Kudos
nzmatto
Participant

I have the same issue, and also have a TAC case open. The cloudguard stop / start commands don't relate to the gateway best I can tell. I have rebooted the secondary member in the cluster but this has not resolved the issue on that device. Checkpoint had me run a bunch of debugging while manually trying to update the database (unified_dl UPDATE ONLINE_SERVICES), however that only looks like it's working. The resulting output xml file is never written. 

0 Kudos
Paul_Hagyard
Collaborator

FYI, migrated to a new VM (migrate_server export / import) to attempt to address another issue (SmartView log export not working on R81 take 42) and after the import on the new server (same jumbo) I was able to resolve the issue with the phantom updatable objects:

  1. Removed all instances of the problem updatable objects in the policy.
  2. Removed the problem updatable objects  in the object tree (it felt very unpatriotic deleting New Zealand).
  3. Published.
  4. Exited SmartConsole
  5. cloudguard stop and start
  6. In the GUI, re-added the updatable objects back to the policy.

It hasn't complained again. Yet.

0 Kudos